Monday, December 17, 2012

Don't Stumble

I run along the rugged road;
I pant through lips all chapped and sore;
A drop of sweat stings in my eye;
My legs can barely take much more.

Just one wrong step could throw me off
And cast me down with painful fall.
It seems so sweet to stop my run,
But quitters get no prize at all.

So when I fall, or when I trip,
I can't just sit and moan and whine!
I must get up; continue on.
I can complete this race just fine.

And so is it with life. We all
Face obstacles, temptations great.
There's something there to trip us up,
To make us fail, give up to fate.

Our struggles differ from the next,
But there's a way to fight each block!
We all can win, and fight against
This persecution round the clock!

Mine has a name. It's Jesus Christ.
I keep my eyes on Him for strength.
I learn about His ways. This way,
I know I can run all the length.

No comments:

Post a Comment